Good Sports Accreditation
Monday, November 2, 2015
We are a Good Sports Level 1 accredited club.
Sporting clubs such as ours play a significant role in the community and have a responsibility to our members and their families. We have chosen to join over 6,500 clubs across Australia taking part in the Australian Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program. Through Good Sports we are committed to managing alcohol responsibly and ensuring smoke free areas, which we believe will help us to provide a healthy, safe and family friendly environment.
Through Good Sports we aim to:
- Eliminate risky drinking in the club through the promotion of a responsible approach to the sale and consumption of alcohol in the club
- Protect juniors and other young people from the misuse of alcohol in and around the club
- Provide a responsible smoke-free club environment, through designated smoking areas.
At Level 1, we are committed to:
- Not selling or consuming alcohol without an appropriate liquor license
- Training our bar staff in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Responsibly managing smoke free areas in line with our requirements
A four-year study by University of Newcastle, Hunter New England Population Health and Deakin University has proven that Good Sports changes community sports club drinking culture.
Good Sports is the only community sports program in the world that has been proven to reduce harm from alcohol.
- reduces the likelihood of risky drinking by 37 per cent, and
- reduces the risk of alcohol-related harm to club members by 42 per cent.
Find out more about what being a Good Sports club is all about by visiting: www.goodsports.com.au or www.Facebook.com/GoodSportsClubs